Archive | Sustainability RSS for this section
Last week, ESPA Architects & Planners celebrated the Open House and Grand Opening of the new Goodwill facility in Burlington, NC. Incorporating a Community Resource Center as well as the retail component, this project is the first LEED project for Goodwill Industries of Central North Carolina.
Some of the project’s sustainable features include:
- Providing preferred parking spaces for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicle
- Reducing water usage through landscaping techniques and water-saving plumbing fixture
- Using regional materials as well as materials with recycled content
- Using wood from sustainable forested resource
- Using paints, adhesives, flooring and other materials with Low-VOC’s